Sunday 14 October 2012

Nineteen hundred















If I had a time machine, I would choose to travel back to 1900. I love the idea of making a dress in two pieces. I love the statement of women making their body into an hour glass shape like the Gibson girl. i love how this cartoon character influenced fashion by giving every women curves, a tiny waste and all they had to do was wear a corset. 

I love the idea and the illusion of a high laced collar that elongated a womans neck. Then by night the look was transformed into a low sweetheart neckline but not showing any cleavage because of the tight monobosm and the beautiful amount of jewellery worn. Long silk gloves were covered in embroidery.

Charles Frenerick Worth is the father of couture and the leading fashion designer in 1900's. He was known for turning away his customers if they were not beautiful enough.

Take me to the 19th century. 











No comments:

Post a Comment